* This year, a 30-second commercial costs $3.5 million, up $400,000 from last year, according to Superbowl-ads.com.
* Football fans are anticipated to consume an estimated 71.4 million pounds of Hass avocados during Big Game gatherings this year, according to the Hass Avocado Board.
* If you still think the 1983 season finale of M*A*S*H was the most-watched broadcast in the U.S., think again. The 2010 Super Bowl between the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts stole that title, only to be beaten exactly one year later when 111 million people tuned in to watch the 2011 Super Bowl between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to Nielsen Co. Will this year’s game top the 2011 record?
* Heading into the game, The New York Giants have three Super Bowl titles (XXI in 1986, XXV in 1990, and XLII in 2007). They also have four titles in the pre-Super Bowl era: 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956).
* On the other hand, The New England Patriots have also won three Super Bowl championships (XXXVI in 2001, XXXVIII in 2003, and XXXIX in 2004).
SUPER BOWL XLVI TICKET BREAKDOWN:
League office: 25.2%
AFC Champion: 17.5%
NFC Champion: 17.5%
Other 29 clubs: 34.8% (1.2% each)
Host team: 5 %
Cost of the Vince Lombardi Trophy: $25,000
Maker of the Vince Lombardi Trophy : Tiffany & Co. of New York
Cost of Super Bowl Rings: The NFL pays for up to 150 rings at $5,000 per ring (plus adjustments for increases in gold and diamonds). The league also pays for 150 pieces of jewelry for the losing team which may not cost more than one-half the price set for the Super Bowl ring.